Green Trails Improvement Association
The Communications Committee has oversight responsibility for GTIA elections and publications. The Committee makes recommendations to the GTIA Board regarding policies, contracts, and budgets in these areas. In addition, designated committee members may have specific assignments in production, review, or oversight.
- Directors. The fifteen Directors are elected to the Green Trails Board of Directors from specific areas (A-O) based on a predetermined election schedule. The term of office for the position of Director is three years. With a staggered schedule, it is intended that one-third be elected each year. Election to fill a vacancy for an unexpired term is for the balance of the term.
- Petitions. In July and August, announcements of areas open for election, related terms of office, candidate forms, and information are publicized in the Pathfinder. GTIA residents in good standing who are interested in becoming members of the Board of Directors are encouraged to become involved. Candidate forms must be returned by the September Board meeting for a candidate’s name to appear on the printed ballot.
- Ballots. In early October, the Managing Agent sends election ballots to each unit owner in the respective areas. Write-in candidates, with the candidate’s permission, are allowed.
- Voting. At the Annual Meeting in November, ballots received by the mail-in deadline and any ballots cast during the meeting are tallied, and the results announced.
- Green Trails Pathfinder
The association’s monthly newsletter is mailed to all GTIA members and associate members, generally around the first of each month. It includes association communications, community news, and general interest information.
- Green Trails Welcome Brochure
This brochure is sent to new residents offering information about GTIA, local government and community services, and things to do and places of interest.
- Greentrails.org Website
The website is a modern means of promoting the Green Trails community, as well as communicating information to members.